[CMake] Studio 8 generation of files doesn't use CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS?

Clinton Chau clinton at clearcanvas.ca
Wed Nov 1 11:01:43 EST 2006

Hi all,

I encountered a problem and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the
same issue.

I'm using CMake 2.4.3 to generate build files under Visual Studio 8 (2005),
for the OFFIS DICOM Toolkit source distribution. I have found that modifying
the cached value of CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS does not affect the build files
(*.vcproj) that are generated. This is true whether I use the GUI
(CMakeSetup) or an editor to edit the CMakeCache.txt file.

In order to change the compiler options, and to submit additional
preprocessor defines, I have ended up having to modify the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
property in the CMakeLists.txt in the root of the project.

Am I just not understanding how CMake works, since I am new to using CMake?

Thanks,

Clinton Chau