[CMake] conflict between CMake 2.4.2 and Qt 2.3nc

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed May 31 17:53:53 EDT 2006

Zein Salah wrote:
> Is there actually a conflict between Cmake 2.4.2 and Qt 2.3 non-commercial?
> I am asking because I have newly built my qt-itk project with cmake 2.4.2.
> Cmake generates a message: "Multiple versions of Qt found, please set
> DESIRED_QT_VERSION"
> Actually, I have only one version of qt, which is the 2.3 non commercial
> version.
>
> I tried to just give 230 in the field "DESIRED_QT_VERSION", but as
> compiled the project with
[snip]
> Any idea what to do?? what the problem is? Should I simply switsh back
> to Cmake 2.0.5 that used to work well with me?

It appears that in CMake 2.2 the FindQt.cmake script was configured to
distinguish between Qt3 and Qt4 but support for Qt2 was dropped in the
process.  Note the documentation for DESIRED_QT_VERSION: it must be set
to either "3" or "4".  The fix will be to create a FindQt2.cmake similar
to FindQt3 and FindQt4 and then add "2" as an option for FindQt to
dispatch into FindQt2 properly.  Please submit a bug report here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

You could also try setting DESIRED_QT_VERSION to 3 and hope it works for 2.

-Brad