[CMake] qt3 vs qt4: kde3uic.cmake

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Sun May 21 10:57:51 EDT 2006

On Friday 19 May 2006 22:59, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Von: Andreas Beckermann <b_mann at gmx.de>

> > In order to fix this problem, I propose to forward QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE to
> > the
> > kde3uic.cmake script and then use that variable, instead of the
>
> hardcoded
>
> > binary name. Just like it is done with the KDE_UIC_CPP and _H and _FILE
> > strings.
>
> Thanks for finding the problem.
> Fixed in cmake cvs HEAD.

Thanks

Is there a to tests for things like this?

I mean want to do additional safety checks (such as whether the "uic" binary
in path is from qt 3.x), see
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/boson/trunk/tools/cmake/modules/boson/CheckQt3Executables.cmake?view=markup
For a fixed cmake version this check would not be necessary, but how can I
check whether the user is running such a version?
I can test for cmake <= 2.4, but not for <= 2.4.2, as CMAKE_PATCH_VERSION is
not available.

I don't see a way around this atm, any hints?

> Alex

CU
Andi