[CMake] Possible bug: <config>_OUTPUT_NAME not used as target property LOCATION

Laurentiu Nicolae Laurentiu.Nicolae at quintiq.com
Wed May 17 03:55:04 EDT 2006

H Brad,

Returning a special string from the LOCATION replaced at generation
time sounds good to me. Visual Studio (version 8 at least, I haven't
checked for the other versions) uses for instance the $(TargetDir) and
$(TargetName) variables, which are expanded to the proper name. I
believe that having one custom command for each configuration is indeed
overkill, since most of the time we want the same post-build steps
executed for all configurations.

I've filled a bug report, ID is 3250. Thanks for the swift reply.

Cheers,
Laurentiu

> One idea we've had is to return a special string for the LOCATION
> property which is recognized by the generator and replaced with the
> right thing in each generated configuration, though this leads to a
> hackish special syntax behind the scenes.  Another idea is to allow a

> separate custom command to be specified for each configuration,
though
> this will lead to duplicate code and complicated loops in user code.
We

--
Laurentiu Nicolae
Senior Software Engineer

Tel: +31 (0)73 691 07 39
Fax: +31 (0)73 691 07 54
Laurentiu.Nicolae at quintiq.com
www.quintiq.com

This message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of Quintiq. It is only intended for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy disseminate,
distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
copies of this message. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to
change.