[CMake] CMake 2.5 GENERATED true bug

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri May 12 19:14:57 EDT 2006

I'm building with cmake version 2.5-20060510.  The following is either a
bug, or I don't understand the docs because they're not terribly clear.

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(
   OUTPUT ${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/cheese.c
   MAIN_DEPENDENCY ${Chicken_SOURCE_DIR}/batch-driver.scm
   COMMAND cp ${Chicken_SOURCE_DIR}/batch-driver.scm
${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/cheese.c
)
SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERTIES(${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/cheese.c PROPERTIES
GENERATED true)
ADD_DEPENDENCIES(${Chicken_BINARY_DIR}/cheese.c parameters.scm)

This fails with:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
E:/devel/src/chicken/CMakeLists.txt:233:
ADD_DEPENDENCIES Adding dependency to non-existent target:
E:/devel/msys/chicken/cheese.c

The reason I want to ADD_DEPENDENCIES independent of the
ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND is it makes MACROS and argument passing a lot
easier.  I prefer to automate whatever I can rather than write out many
tedious verbose lines of similar commands.  I am already using the MACRO
ARGV to add extra compile flags, and I really don't want to parse for
things to stick in a DEPENDS.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every