[CMake] Linking hierarchy

svoboda at fi.muni.cz svoboda at fi.muni.cz
Wed May 10 11:44:57 EDT 2006

I'm using CMake in the following way:

- I create a simple shared library
- The library requires many libraries during the built process
- In the subdirectory (using the SUBDIRS command) I create examples,
   which are dependent on this shared library.

What is the problem:

- When building the examples in the subdirectory, all the required
libraries are linked to these examples. I know, that these examples
require only my shared library. Since CMake inherits linking dependencies
I cannot avoid linking all the libraries, which were necessary when
builing my library, to these simple examples.

David