[CMake] Autoconf2CMake

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed May 10 06:09:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

> Von: Jordi Inglada <jordi.inglada at cnes.fr>
>
> Hi all,
>
> Is there anything like an autoconf2CMake utility? We are trying to
> include an autoconf-based project in the source tree of our CMake-based
> library and we are having some trouble.
>
> The library we want to encapsulate has a complex directory tree and the
> manual conversion is not an easy task. We would like to have an
> automatic procedure, since we plan to update the sources when new
> versions of the library are available.

I wrote a ruby script to convert the KDE Makefile.am's to CMakeLists.txt.
You can find it here:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/scripts/cmake/

It works well for the KDE files, but I don't know how well it will work
for other source trees. Just start it from the top level of your source
tree.

It generates a bunch of CMakeLists.txt and some additional files (I think
they were ConvenienceLibs.cmake, PotentialProblems.txt and
AdditionalInfo.txt or something like this).
It doesn't convert configure checks.

Bye
Alex