[CMake] Autoconf2CMake

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed May 10 05:38:06 EDT 2006

Jordi Inglada wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there anything like an autoconf2CMake utility? We are trying to
> include an autoconf-based project in the source tree of our CMake-based
> library and we are having some trouble.

I doubt it.  Certainly there is no canonical well supported tool
anywhere.  Someone may have homebrewed something for their own
purposes.  Generally, CMake isn't trying to be autoconf, nor saddle
itself with autoconf issues.  Many of us who learn CMake do so because
we can't stand autoconf.

> The library we want to encapsulate has a complex directory tree and the
> manual conversion is not an easy task. We would like to have an
> automatic procedure, since we plan to update the sources when new
> versions of the library are available.

Well, realizing that autoconf is a mess and should be jettisoned might
help you more than trying to keep your feet in both worlds.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every