[CMake] DartClient for Debug configuration on Windows using ctest/cmake

Ivo Wolf i.wolf at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue May 9 13:09:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to setup a DartClient on Windows using ctest/cmake
(version 2.2.3), which should compile a "Debug" configuration.

I tried to achieve this by the following initial cache settings, which
did not yield the desired result:

SET (CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE "
   CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug
   CTEST_BUILD_CONFIGURATION:STRING=Debug
  ##....
)

Instead the output when running "ctest -V -S myDartClient.cmake" is still:

[...]
Build project
Run command: "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1.NET\Common7\IDE\devenv.com"
"myProject.sln" "/
build" "Release" "/project" "ALL_BUILD"
[...]

==> "Release" instead of "Debug".

I took a look at the source code and found in cmBuildCommand.cxx, line 36,
that the MAKECOMMAND is always initialized for "Release" (at least as far
as I understand). Does this mean that currently all DartClients on Windows
compile as "Release" or is there a possibility to override this somehow?

Thanks,

Ivo

Dr. Ivo Wolf, Dipl.-Phys.               Phone:  (+49) 6221/42-2327
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum        Fax:    (+49) 6221/42-2345
Div. Medical and Biological Informatics (E130)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280                 email:  i.wolf at dkfz.de
D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany             http://mbi.dkfz-heidelberg.de