[CMake] Compile/install on HPUX on ia64 (Itanium)

David Akdikmen dakdikmen at accusoft.com
Wed Jun 28 16:37:16 EDT 2006

Odd, I'm not sure what's going on.  When I cc the file at the command
prompt, it doesn't complain about the __attribute__ symbols. It looks
like it is complaining about not having a LF at the end of the file?

It looks like it thinks __attribute__ is just some function returning
int?

Does your version of the HPUX compiler have __attribute__ defined?  What
happens on your machine for the ATTR_UNUSED_VAR test?

I'll include both the results, one with "+p" and one without "+p"

I unset the "+p" flag and re-ran the configure (after deleting all the
CMakeCache.txt files)

Here is the CMakeOutput.log (it claims success with out the +p)
Performing C SOURCE FILE Test ATTR_UNUSED_VAR succeded with the
following output:
        make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/src.o
        /usr/bin/cc  -Aa -Ae     -o
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/src.o   -c
/home/khoros/cmake-2.4.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.c
Error (future) 690:
"/home/khoros/cmake-2.4.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.c", line 6 # Nonempty
source files must end with a newline that is not preceded by a
backslash.
Warning:        1 future errors were detected and ignored. Add a '+p'
option to detect and fix them before they become fatal errors in a
future release. Behavior of this ill-formed program is not guaranteed to
match that of a well-formed program
Linking C executable cmTryCompileExec
        /home/khoros/cmake-2.4.2/Bootstrap.cmk/cmake -P
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/cmake_clean_target.cmake
        /usr/bin/cc     -Aa -Ae    +Z
"CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/src.o"   -o cmTryCompileExec -Wl,+s
-Wl,-E

Source file was:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <wchar.h>

int main() { int x __attribute__((__unused__)) ; return 0; }
APPEND-------------------------------

Here is the CMakeError.log when +p is added to the CFLAG.
Performing C SOURCE FILE Test ATTR_UNUSED_VAR failed with the following
output:
        make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompi
leExec.dir/build
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/src.o
        /usr/bin/cc  +p  -Aa -Ae     -o
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/src.o
-c /home/khoros/cmake-2.4.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.c
Error 690: "/home/khoros/cmake-2.4.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/src.c", line 6
# Nonempty source files must end with a newline that is not preceded by
a backslash.
*** Error exit code 2

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1