[CMake] another RPATH problem

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jun 15 16:34:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

Von: Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>

> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Attached you can find a patch against current cvs which adds an option
> with the nice name CMAKE_USE_EXTERNAL_RPATH_FOR_INSTALL, which if enabled
> has the effect that lib dirs which are outside the build- and source tree are
> added to the install RPATH.
>
> Okay, I've implemented it as a target property called
> INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH that is initialized from the variable
> CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH.  It causes the linker search path
> directories not in the project to be appended to the INSTALL_RPATH when
> the target is built for installation.

Thank you very much :-)
Would it be possible to apply it also to the 2.4 branch, but maybe keep it undocumented until it has proven its usefulness ?
I can test it on my machine, but it can get wider testing (KDE) only if it goes into the 2.4 branch.

Is it actually possible to query the cmake patch level from within cmake files ? The last time I tried it didn't work. From the second run on one can use CMAKE_CACHE_RELEASE_VERSION, but this is empty on the first run.
If this would be possible I could adjust the RPATH handling depending on the cmake version without requiring everybody to update his cmake.

Bye
Alex