[CMake] case in IF statements

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jun 15 13:34:40 EDT 2006

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:14:39 -0400
Von: Ken Martin <ken.martin at kitware.com>
An: \'Karl Merkley\' <karl at elemtech.com>, cmake at cmake.org
Betreff: RE: [CMake] case in IF statements

> >>From bug id #3119
>
> I looked into this. The issue is that NOT is an argument to the if command
> and currently arguments are not case insensitive. To make this change and
> be
> consistent we would need to modify every command in cmake to be case
> insensitive to its arguments which might be a good idea, but is a bit of
> work and currently not on the agenda. This becomes more confusing for
> commands where a file name is an argument because in those cases (for
> UNIX)
> the arguments really are case sensitive.  The same applies to many
> string type functions. We could say only keyword arguments to functions
> are case
> insensitive but for now I think it is easiest to leave it as is.

I also wouldn't change the current behaviour.
There are several commands with optional arguments, somebody might decide to name ones of its source files "shared" and suddenly add_library() behaves strange (he could also decide to name the file SHARED, but the less keywords there are which have to be recognized the better it is IMO)

Bye
Alex