[CMake] output a string instead of a list

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:13:51 EDT 2006

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>  Von: "Brandon J. Van Every" <bvanevery at gmail.com>
>> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>>

>>  -DHIERARCHICAL_INSTALL -DC_USE_C_DEFAULTS -DC_INSTALL_HOME="E:/Program
>> Files/Chicken" -DC_INSTALL_BIN_HOME="E:/Program Files/Chicken/bin"
>> -DC_INSTALL_INCLUDE_HOME="E:/Program Files/Chicken/include"
>> -DC_INSTALL_LIB_HOME="E:/Program Files/Chicken/lib" -DHAVE_DIRECT_H
>> -DHAVE_GCVT -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DHAVE_WINDOWS_H -DHAVE_LOADLIBRARY
>> -DHAVE_GETPROCADDRESS -DHAVE_WINSOCK2_H -DHAVE_WS2TCPIP_H
>> -DC_ENABLE_PTABLES -DC_STACK_GROWS_DOWNWARD=1
>>
>> I'll try to ask a specific question when I've got it back down to a
>> specific problem again.  Until then, any general remedies?
>>

> I think instead of using double qoutes escaping spaces using "\ " is recommended.

Hmm.  Recommended for CMake I suppose, but the consumer is a Windows
app, and such usage is typical on Windows.  I did notice that cmake
-DFOO=\"Something Quoted\" -P does pass FOO="Something Quoted", so that
may be what I finally do.

> Please check whether FILE(TO_CMAKE|TO_SYSTEM ...) does this already for you.

You mean TO_CMAKE_PATH or TO_NATIVE_PATH?  Not sure if I want those, as
Chicken Scheme happens to want the same path conventions as CMake, but
I'll look at the output.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every