[CMake] Building VTK -Errors

Calvin Gerus clgerus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:43:32 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am using MS Visual Studio 8 2005, and I was not sure if it is supported
with Cmake 2.4.2? I have been trying to build VTK with it and I am getting a
compiler error that looks something like this:

The C compiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.
It fails with the following output:

The application for project 'C:\Calvin\VTK\CmakeFiles
\CmakeTmp\ALL_BUILD.vcproj'
is not installed.

Make sure the application for the project type (.vcproj) is installed.
The application for project
'C:\Calvin\VTK\CmakeFiles\CmakeTmp\INSTALL.vcproj' is not installed.

Make sure the application for the project type (.vcproj) is installed.
The application for project
'C:\Calvin\VTK\CmakeFiles\CmakeTmp\ZERO_CHECK.vcproj' is not installed.

Make sure the application for the project type (.vcproj) is installed.
The application for project
'C:\Calvin\VTK\CmakeFiles\CmakeTmp\cmTryComplieExec.vcproj' is not
installed.\

Make sure the application for the project type (.vcproj) is installed.
Invalid project.

Does anyone know whats wrong?
Thanks