[CMake] how to write cmake file for ImageMagick package?

Jan Woetzel jw at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Jun 12 08:52:59 EDT 2006

kdsfinger at gmail.com wrote:

> The FindImageMagick.cmake I wrote was put in the
> /usr/local/share/CMake/Modules/
> I now copyed yours and put it there, but when I do ccmake . ,it gives
> the following error message:
>
>  CMake Error: IMAGEMAGICKLIB_DIR is not set.  It must be set to the
> directory containing IMAGEMAGICKLIBConfig.cmake in order to use
> IMAGEMAGICKLIB.

FINDPACKAGE(XXX) tries to find
1. Find XXX.cmake, then
2. XXXConfig.cmake - with additionalyy searching in XXX_DIR.
Howver, our script shoudl be fodun by 1.

Both approached fail in your case.
(1) Check file and directory permissions
(2) then you may try try not to copy it to Modules dir but set your own
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to teh dir containing the Find script to cut the the
problem

Jan.

--

  Dipl.-Ing. Jan Woetzel