[CMake] Replacing -L with -l

Jorgen Bodde solidstl at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 9 06:35:30 EDT 2006

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. I want to statically link as much libs as
possible (especially wxGTK2.6.3) .. The reason is that my app needs to
distributed. When I have wxGTK2.6.1 installed in /usr/lib it always
takes those instead of my own absolute path.

I do not really mind if it is portable or not, I just want GCC to take
the proper libraries. And I feel limited now because I do have wxGTK
2.6.1 installed as RPM (in /usr/lib) because it is needed by some apps,
but I cannot even link against my own built wx-libs (located somewhere
else) because GCC always takes the .so versions in /usr/lib. To me that
sounds rather limiting.

Is there any way to circumvent this? I did check the mailing lists but
did not find any answer.

With regards,
- Jorgen