[CMake] NMake target with 2.4.2

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 19:04:51 EDT 2006

James Mansion wrote:
> Maybe an idea for CMakeSetup to put the selected toolset on the dialog
> rather prominently (perhaps in the title bar).  I know you can get it with
> Show Advanced Values, but I usually have that turned off.

There are so many tools that could cause problems if the environment
isn't correct though.  I don't think trying to highlight all of 'em
would gain anything, it would just confuse the end user.  Seems more
reasonable to just have the end user learn through his mistakes.  Like,
they start Showing Advanced Values to diagnose their problems, now that
they've been burned and have a sense of what can go wrong.

I agree in preventive / warning / diagnostic messages when there's 1
easily attributed source of failure.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every