[CMake] VC8 projects generated multiple times

Laurentiu Nicolae Laurentiu.Nicolae at quintiq.com
Wed Jun 7 12:35:03 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to generate VC8 solutions and projects for our software. I
currently have the folowing setup:

* A bunch of DLLs, each with its own VCProj
* Six solutions that share some (but not all) of these DLLs.

I am using the CMake command PROJECT to specify the solutions, and
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(${dll_dir}) for all the DLLs that belong to that
particular solution. Which leads to the fine situation of having the DLL
directories processed six time in a row. That's over 5 minutes of
generation time for our projects - as compared to 1 minute if I only
generate the umbrella (All) project with all the DLLs. Either CMake or I
must be doing something wrong ;)

It must be said that I generate the list of files in the projects with
GLOB_RECURSIVE. That might have something to do with it. Not using this
is out of the question - we adopted CMake to be able to regenerate
changing workspaces as a prime requirement; cross-compilation is still
important, but falls under "added benefits" for us.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Laurentiu

--
Laurentiu Nicolae
Senior Software Engineer

Tel: +31 (0)73 691 07 39
Fax: +31 (0)73 691 07 54
Laurentiu.Nicolae at quintiq.com
www.quintiq.com

This message contains information that may be privileged or
confidential and is the property of Quintiq. It is only intended for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy disseminate,
distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
copies of this message. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to
change.