[CMake] Generator: Studio 8 2005

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Wed Jun 7 03:05:27 EDT 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:

>> Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe'.

> Then load the try compile project, and try to figure out what is
> going on.

I've done "cmake --debug-trycompile" before mailing to the list,
but when building ZERO_CHECK I still get the same error.
The error occurs when the custom build rule is called.

I was interested in the command which invokes VCExpress.exe
but couldn't find it.

>It seems like you had the problem once in the past.

There are same hits in the mailing list (with no solution),
but I haven't had the error before.

Because VCExpress can't find 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe'
which is an absolute path to an existing file, and I'm
not willed to debug VCExpress I've decided to reinstall
windows. And when in future Intellisense stops my system
I disable it by renaming
...\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcpackages\feacp.dll.

Now I have a new setup and all runs fine,
so maybe the hotfix has broken my installation,
but I won't proof it.

Peter

P.S.:
Why is --debug-trycompile not documented?
It is often where helpful.