[CMake] Exports/imports with DLLs for Borland and OpenWatcom

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Jun 6 13:29:54 EDT 2006

Thiadmer Riemersma wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am having trouble making a CMakeList.txt that works with multiple
> compilers; and especially with Borland and openwatcom 1.4 (using CMake
> 2.4).
>
> With Borland C++, the CMake generated makefile passes the DEF file on
> to the Borland compiler, which then complains that the DEF file is
> invalid C/C++ (which is true). I was hoping that CMake added the DEF
> file to the linker files (not to the compiler sources).
>
> With openwatcom, the DEF file is apparently ignored --which is good,
> because Watcom does not use DEF files. However, every attempt to get
> CMake add the required "exp=" switch to the linker settings failed.
>
> Can anyone give me some guidance, please?

Last time I tried a .DEF file was for the openjpeg project. .DEF files
are not ideal and another solution was implemented, but anyway you can
still access the CMakeLists.txt I used at that time here:

http://euterpe.tele.ucl.ac.be/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/libopenjpeg/CMakeLists.txt?rev=1.6&cvsroot=OpenJPEG&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

HTH
Mathieu