[CMake] build time / unneccessary configure for library targets on switch from 2.0.6 to 2.4.2

Jan Woetzel jw at mip.informatik.uni-kiel.de
Tue Jun 6 07:17:22 EDT 2006

Brad King wrote:

> Jan Woetzel wrote:
>
>> In particular when nothing has changed the "nothing to do" build now
>> takes >> 60 seconds.
>> With 2.06 it took < 5 seconds as expected to build when everything
>> was up to date.

I found the problem:, it was:
INSTALL_TARGETS
INSTALL_FILES

I had to replace the above "old" command by its new substitute "INSTALL".

To conclude:
- With Cmake 2.4.2 on Windows
- MSVS .net 2003 generator has the "annoyance"
- replacing the old INSTALL commands fixes the problem.
- Linux make and windows nmake are not affected and work as exepcted

Thanks,
Jan.

--

  Dipl.-Ing. Jan Woetzel