[CMake] 3rd party cmake files

Jan Woetzel jw at woetzelweb.de
Mon Jun 5 13:57:09 EDT 2006

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>what's the preferred way to distribute cmake files for 3rd party projects ?
>

>installs ...into ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules .
>This won't work if the user doesn't have root access.

And user find script can't have the same name as standard find scripts.
We "override" some of the standard find scripts with our our own ones,
e.g. for differen search order and adding network installations.

>${HOME}/.CMake/Modules/ to the cmake search path ?

I vote for an additional search based on an environent variable because it
- works platform independantly
- can be set by installers/scripts easily.

Jan.

--

  Dipl.-Ing. Jan Woetzel
  Uni Kiel