[CMake] Question about Windows support.

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Mon Jun 5 04:07:52 EDT 2006

I've posted a way to handle precompiled headers the 1st June. You should
find it if you browse for the threads of june 2006, the name of the thread
is "Precompiled Headers".
I don't know if it's a good way to handle it but my main concern was to do a
CMakeLists.txt that is friendly to edit, quickly understandable and with the
possibility to add new properties easily, so I tried to it this way.

A side note : If you are using CMake with a lot of projects in VS IDE I
suggest to disable custom build rules for the CMakeLists.txt files and add
the CMake GUI to the external tools. The developpers use the front-end when
they need to do it by calling the GUI from the tools menu (I added source
control so they should know when they check out a CMakeLists.txt), it speeds
up the compilation time a bit and the "reload" popup will not interfere with
the compilation (it needs to cancel the compilation every time and rerun it)
which leads to a much more comfortable work environment.

Sylvain