[CMake] Question about Windows support.

Bennett Smith idvlpsw at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:38:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm just starting to learn cmake, and am wondering what the level of
on-going support is for the Windows platform.  A couple things that I
am hoping cmake can do are:

1. Handle generation of library and executable targets with different
names for debug and release configurations.

2. Handle pre-compiled header files with Visual C++.

3. Handle COM *.idl files and the invocation of MIDL.

4. Handle manifest files in association with executables.

I have not been able to find any discussion and/or examples of how
cmake addresses these issues.  I have searched through the bug
database and it looks like there are some issues related to the above
mentioned items.  Some of these issues were posted back in 2004, and
it doesn't look like anyone has been actively working on them.

In general, are people using cmake for Windows projects?  Who are the
active contributors to the windows specific aspects of cmake?  Can
anyone offer some historic perspective on how well the Windows
platform is supported by cmake in general?

Many thanks

-- Bennett