[CMake] Re: a ./configure shell script stub Thoma Zander

Axel Roebel Axel.Roebel at ircam.fr
Thu Jun 1 11:33:30 EDT 2006

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org wrote:
>Correct me if I misunderstood; but AFAICS the current idea was to parse
>all config files (which in case of KOffice takes several minutes with
>clean caches) and present the options based on that.
>If you want to do that I suggest to not show in anyway that its cmake, as
>the user will hate cmake immediately ;)

You misunderstood! There were two suggestions: the configuration file
and the parsing  in "do nothing" mode which would
only analyse which OPTION variables are currently
enabled. The latter boils down to merely reading all the CMakeLists.txt
files of the project and the current CMakeCache.txt,
and I am rather sure your koffice project is not that
big that reading all the CMakeLists.txt files could not be done
even with an shell script in a few seconds only!

--
Axel Roebel
IRCAM Analysis/Synthesis Team