[CMake] Cygwin ccmake 2.4.2 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE empty

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 18:51:49 EDT 2006

I'm building with ccmake 2.4.2 on Cygwin.  When I do:

IF(CYGWIN)
  MESSAGE("Build type is ${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}")
  SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES DEBUG_POSTFIX "-0")
  SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES RELEASE_POSTFIX "-0")
  SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES MINSIZEREL_POSTFIX "-0")
  SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES RELWITHDEBINFO_POSTFIX "-0")
ENDIF(CYGWIN)

I get "Build type is ".  Also the postfixes are ignored.

Motive: Cygwin has this progressive-or-awkward nomenclature for its
dlls, depending on your perspective.  Instead of libwhatever.dll, they
do cygwhatever-xxx.dll, where xxx is a version number.  A typical
default is cygwhatever-0.dll.  I am trying to imitate a ./configure
build that generates such a name.  Without such imitation the resulting
app doesn't work.  Whether the app can rename things to cygwhatever.dll
is unresolved.  In any event, Cygwin standard practice (I refrain from
calling it a "best" practice) is to put these -xxx postfixes on stuff.
And they don't do it on their import stubs, they ship things like:

  cygwhatever-123.dll
  libwhatever.dll.a

So what I need is a postfix that only affects the .dll output.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every