[CMake] Cmake and pkg-config and linking

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jul 31 11:13:36 EDT 2006

Tim Teulings wrote:
> On the other hand PKGCONFIG already has options to directly return
> apropiate values for these two variables, so why are they not used in
> the PKGCONFIG macro? I would expect that the result of the PKGCONFIG
> macro is already optimal prepared for easy call of CMake macros. It does
> not make sense to put the burden of postprocessing to every makefile if
> this postprocessing of pkg-config executable return values can be done
> *in* the PKGCONFIG macro.

The macro was a user contribution and has not really been used/reviewed
by too many people yet.  If you would like to contribute improvements
feel free to post them here for discussion.  You could also open a
feature request in the bug tracker:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

and post suggestions and/or patches.

-Brad