[CMake] ADD_SUBDIRECTORY error

Xavier Larrode Xavier.Larrode at irisa.fr
Fri Jul 28 09:50:16 EDT 2006

William A. Hoffman a écrit :
> At 09:34 AM 7/28/2006, Xavier Larrode wrote:
>

>> Last question, is there a way to compile a lib directly on another directory without need a make install to copy it ?
>>
> I don't understand the question.
>
> -Bill

Ok sorry and thank you William
Right now with a ADD_LIBRARY(Trace SHARED ${CPPFILES}),
the library is creating a .so on the same directory of the sources.
ie :
/usr/bin/c++ -fPIC -shared -Wl,-soname,libTrace.so -o libTrace.so
"CMakeFiles/Trace.dir/Traceur.o"

With a traditionnal Makefile we can do that :
/usr/bin/c++ -fPIC -shared -Wl,-soname,PATH_FOR_LIB/libTrace.so -o
libTrace.so "CMakeFiles/Trace.dir/Traceur.o"

So is it a way to build the libTrace.so directly on PATH_FOR_LIB.
Because right now i have to do an
INSTALL(TARGETS Trace LIBRARY DESTINATION ${INSTALL_LIB})
But i have to create lots of lib wich depend on other lib.
So it's more simple to directly link to PATH_FOR_LIB.

But i can do a macro to move them on PATH_FOR_LIB...