[CMake] Call multiple Makefile

Xavier Larrode Xavier.Larrode at irisa.fr
Thu Jul 27 11:43:27 EDT 2006

Hi and thanks filipe,
> ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(src/common/share/folder1)
> ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(...)
>
> or
>
> SET(REPERTOIRES src/common/share/folder1 ...)
> FOREACH(folder ${REPERTOIRES})
>   ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(${folder})
> ENDFOREACH(folder)
>
> for each one of these directories you have to create a CMakeLists.txt
> with commands to compile your sources (ADD_EXECUTABLE or ADD_LIBRARY)

I tried what you said with a simple example of mine.
1> on my folder root :
PROJECT(Test) #ProjetctName
# to see command line of gcc
SET(CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE 1)
# to add Color on CMake Process
SET(CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE ON)
SET(REPERTOIRES
  /[...]/root/test )

FOREACH(folder ${REPERTOIRES})
  ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(${folder})
ENDFOREACH(folder)

2> on [..]root/test :
INCLUDE(FindOpenSG.cmake)
# check if osg-config was found
IF(OPENSG_FOUND)
  SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS  "${OPENSG_CXX_FLAGS}")
  LINK_DIRECTORIES(${OPENSG_LINK_DIRECTORIES})
  ADD_EXECUTABLE(test testCubeTexture.cpp) #Executable and file(s) to
compile
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(test ${OPENSG_LIBRARIES})
ELSE(OPENSG_FOUND)
  MESSAGE(STATUS "Cannot find osg-config anywhere on the system. Please
put the file into your path or specify it in CMAKE_OSG_CONFIG.")
ENDIF(OPENSG_FOUND)

But i got this error :
  CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
 Missing variable is:
 CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P

And  CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX   is ok