[CMake] CMakelists.txt non-trivial examples?

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:25:39 EDT 2006

Richard Fuchs wrote:

> I'm setting up the build environment for our project and I've been
> looking around to find some examples of how to create CMakelists.txt
> files and the only examples I've come across so far are the trivial
> ones on the cmake page and the crazy convoluted ones (well, from my
> novice perspective) from kde, vtk and such.

I actively develop the CMake build for the Chicken Scheme compiler.
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/index.html
Chicken is a fairly small project.  There is only 1 subdirectory and 2
CMakeLists.txt files.  It has a lot of non-trivial stuff for the problem
of bootstrapping a compiler.  In particular, a lot of dependencies on
generated files and exes.  You can get the latest CMake build from the
Darcs repository.  We still don't ship the CMake build in the official
tarballs as the build is still provisional.  Only today did I wipe out
the last major build impediment, I think.  Directions for how to obtain
and build the CMake build are in the official tarball sources though.
Look for INSTALL-CMake.txt.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every