[CMake] Building CMake on Digtal Unix

Stuart.Herring at hpa.com.au Stuart.Herring at hpa.com.au
Thu Jul 20 00:12:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to build CMake on Digital Unix (V4.0f), and have
encountered a couple of problems.
The first problem was that bootstrapping failed due to usleep() not
being defined.
I managed to get past that fairly easily by temporarily #defining
_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED for the duration of the <unistd.h> include in
SystemTools.cxx

The next problem however is turning out to be a little harder to get
around.
It appears that Digital Unix's libc doesn't have snprintf/vsnprintf,
which are used in quite a few places - mostly in source under the
Utilities and CTest directories.

I've tried both CMake 2.4.2 and CVS from last night.
> uname -a
OSF1 prodsyd4.nsw.hpa V4.0 1229 alpha
> gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/alphaev6-dec-osf4.0f/3.3/specs
Configured with: ./configure --enable-sjlj-exceptions
--enable-languages=c,c++ --with-gc=simple
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.3

Thanks,

Stuart Herring
R&D Development Engineer
HPA
www.hpa.com.au
stuart.herring at hpa.com.au
IMPORTANT
The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you received this e-mail in error, please notify the HPA Postmaster, postmaster at hpa.com.au,
then delete  the e-mail.
This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses by Ironport. Before opening or using any
attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
Our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
HPA collects personal information to provide and market our services. For more
information about use, disclosure and access see our Privacy Policy at
www.hpa.com.au