[CMake] VCProj Files: Precompiled headers

speedy speedy at 3d-io.com
Fri Jul 14 18:04:40 EDT 2006

Hello Peter,

PK> Oh really.  Cool because I just submitted a bug and tried fixing
PK> it myself.  I got about 1/2 way there wil Brad's help, then I was
PK> stumped when I got to the "PreCompiledHeaderThrough" setting.  I
PK> believe that the cmakelist file must specify it somewhere, but I'm
PK> not quite sure how to handle that.  Is your post in the trunk code line?

Please check out my patch. It adds xml pch support on per file & per
target level ... except for VC++ automatic pch generation which is
broken.

I didn't do "PreCompiledHeaderThrough" because I didn't need it. In
short, there are few ways to do it - you can simply parse the command
line option arguments, or the proper way to do some kind of
generalization like SET_PRECOMPILED_HEADER(...) across archs. &
introduce the automatic .pch path generation, thus enabling the
out-of-tree builds. :)

DISCLAIMER: These are theoretical conjectures as I am a cmake newbie -
please excuse any obvious oversights.