[CMake] Re: Convenience libraries

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Fri Jul 7 11:08:05 EDT 2006

Brad King wrote:

> I've just added it to the FAQ:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Does_CMake_support_.22convenience.22_libraries.3F
>

> Note that KDE used to use convenience libraries and is doing just fine
> without them.  They were really a hack in auto* because those tools
> did not support source files from a different directory when
> convenience libraries were first created.
>
> -Brad

Thanks, ok but, sorry to be thick, how do I reference a symbol defined
in CMakeLists.txt in another directory for a list of source files?

e.g. in lib/graph/CMakeLists.txt I have:
    SET(graph_SRCS
          attribs.c agxbuf.c edge.c graph.c graphio.c lexer.c node.c
parser.c refstr.c trie.c
    )
and I want to expand this in lib/gvc/CMakeLists.txt

John