[CMake] CPack parameters

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Thu Jul 6 08:55:42 EDT 2006

Hi Hendrik,

I will document CPack in the near future. For now, I suggest you look in
CMake.

CPACK_IGNORE_FILES is just a CMake list of regular expressions
(separated with ;):

SET(CPACK_IGNORE_FILES "/CVS/;/\\.svn/;\\.swp$;\\.#;/#")

CPACK_STRIP_FILES is a list of files that will be stripped as a part of
packaging. Example:

SET(CPACK_STRIP_FILES "bin/ccmake;bin/cmake;bin/cpack;bin/ctest")

       Andy

Hendrik Belitz wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm just playing around a little bit with CPack and its features here. I
> recently used CPack for the generation of source packages, but needed to
> learn that it will just take nearly all the stuff present in the source tree
> and throws it into the archive. I assume that I can use
> CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES and/or
> CPACK_STRIP_FILES
> to counter this behaviour, but since documentation is still missing, I have
> not a single idea of how to achieve this. Could anyone here give me some
> hints on this?
>
> Regards
>  Hendrik

> Dipl.-Inform. Hendrik Belitz
> Central Institute of Electronics / Zentralinstitut für Elektronik
>  Multimodal image processing workgroup / AG Multimodale Bildverarbeitung
> Research Center Juelich / Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
> D-52428 Jülich, Germany
> Tel.: (++49)2461 61 8701 Fax: (++49)2461 61 3990
> email: hbelitz at users.berlios.de / h.belitz at fz-juelich.de (only until
> July,31th)
> PLEASE NOTE: Due to a job change, I will no longer be reachable under the
> adress h.belitz at fz-juelich.de after July,31th,2006
> ggp-key available via http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de

Andy Cedilnik
Kitware Inc.