[CMake] VS8 and cmake 2.2.3 [Fwd: RE: [Fwd: visual studio 2005 free version]]

Steve Pieper pieper at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 30 15:03:06 EST 2006

Hi Bill, Karthik -

I've done all the steps on that setup page (including step 5, and
confirmed that a Win32 application will build and run).

Even so, with cmake 2.2.3 I get the message:

"The C compiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.  It
fails with the following output:

Cmake will not be able to correctly generate this project."

I'm putting this into the cmake bug tracker.  I'll put the error log
there, although it's basically empty.

Any other ideas of things to try?

Thanks,
Steve