[CMake] CMake: Problem with reading files with semicolons

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 26 20:05:23 EST 2006

This is something that would make my life a lot easier too.

Here's my use-case: I need to configure a file with a variable number
of nearly-identical blocks of text. I would love to read in the
"master text" with FILE(READ...), and then modify that text with
STRING(CONFIGURE...) several times with different variables. I would
then concatenate these strings together and write then out with a
CONFIGURE_FILE or FILE(WRITE...) step.

Right now, I've got no good way to put multiple blocks of text in the
same file, without having that text actually hard-coded in a CMake
file, which is messy.

Zach