[CMake] Problems compiling cmake cvs on win32

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 02:11:37 EST 2006

Hi

I've some problems compiling cmake cvs with vs2005 express.
I have installed PSDK (odbc32.lib is in PSDK MDAC package)

First I get this error:

C:\tmp\CMake>cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" .
CMake Error: CMAKE can not find the command line program cmake.
  argv[0] = "cmake"
  Attempted paths:
    "cmake"
    "c:/Hoffman/My Builds/CMakeRelease-relbuild/bin/./cmake.exe"
    "C:/Program Files/CMake/bin/cmake"

CMake Error: Error executing cmake::LoadCache().  Aborting.

ok, not that big problem - simply copying installed cmake.exe (2.2.3) into
c:\tmp\CMake (and installing odbc32.lib) and calling cmake:
<a lot of tests>
CMake Error: File C:/tmp/CMake/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c is
written by WRITE_FILE (or FILE WRITE) command and should not be used as
input to CMake. Please use CONFIGURE_FILE to be safe. Refer to the note next
to FILE WRITE command.
<some more of this>
-- Configureation done

typing 'nmake':
error: MAKEFILE not found

no Makefile was generated. But calling cmake again creates a makefile!?

Now it's compiling with a ot of warning not using /GZ anymore but /RTC1 and
about use of deprecated functions (I don't see another way then using
'-wd4996' to get rid of these bothering warnings).

now it compiles fine but stops after a while because I don't have afx.h... I
wonder why I need afx.h for a platform independent project and find out that
you need it for CMakeSetup.exe... but I don't have mfc installed (and I
can't install it nor do I want). Also CMakeSetup.exe doesn't work for me
because I can't put the path to cl.exe (and all the other things) into my
global environment because I have more than one msvc compiler installed
here.

Christian
btw: Do you support the msvc feature batched build and what about
precompiled headers?

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl