[CMake] MESSAGE SEND_ERROR and FATAL_ERROR

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jan 25 09:41:09 EST 2006

At 09:30 AM 1/25/2006, Filipe Sousa wrote:

>Until now, In didn't know what was the difference between the two. The
>help is not clear enough
>
>MESSAGE
>    Display a message to the user.
>
>        MESSAGE([SEND_ERROR | STATUS | FATAL_ERROR]
>               "message to display" ...)
>
>    The arguments are messages to display.  If the first argument is
>    SEND_ERROR then an error is raised.  If the first argument is STATUS
>    then the message is displayed in the progress line for the GUI.

Yes, the documentation is poor here, and I will update it once I figure out
what to do.

>While you are at it, what do you think of having an option to suppress
>new lines at end of message.

This is a different issue, and may require a new command.  This will
break backwards compatibility if the message command suddenly stops
putting out the newline.  The output of most cmake projects will be a
mess.  Maybe:

MESSAGE([SEND_ERROR|STATUS|FATAL_ERROR] "message"  [NO_NEWLINE])

-Bill