[CMake] MESSAGE SEND_ERROR and FATAL_ERROR

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Jan 25 09:38:11 EST 2006

At 09:27 AM 1/25/2006, William A. Hoffman wrote:

>The problem is that once you get an error, there is a good chance errors will scroll off the
>screen.  Perhaps it would be better to have a maximum number of errors that cmake prints.
I just tried this and it is not as good as I thought.  Here is the problem.

cmake ../project
...  (several try compiles)
Error:  some package not found
...  (Lots more try compiles that work)
Error 2
Error 3
.... (lots more try compiles that work)
Error 4 to Error 10  (CMake finally stops.)

The original error that was the cause of all the trouble
gets lost in all the try compiles that work, but the results of
those try compiles are not to be trusted because some required package
was not found.

It is much cleaner to have this:

cmake ../project
Error can not find XXX