[CMake] More distutils-ish FindPythonLibs.cmake?

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 16 15:53:09 EST 2006

Great -- thanks for the feedback. That bug report is generally what
I've suggested too, so we're on the right track.

I will work up a patch for this, but to make sure that the patch will
work on all platforms, I could use a little help.

Specifically, if folks could run the following python commands and
send me the output (it could be quite long -- no need to cc the CMake
list), I would be able to get this patch working. I would also need
to know what platform you're on, and what the correct
PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH, PYTHON_LIBRARY, and PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY values
are that FindPythonLibs generates now.

Python code:
import distutils.sysconfig
print distutils.sysconfig.get_python_version()
print distutils.sysconfig.get_python_inc()
print distutils.sysconfig.get_python_lib()
print distutils.sysconfig.get_config_vars()

Finally, does windows python use UNIX-style command-line switches
(e.g. 'python -c' or windows-style switches 'python /C'?

Zach