[CMake] CMake + VS Toolkit 2003

Benoit Regrain benoit.regrain at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Jan 13 09:51:57 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap.rr.com>
To: "Benoit Regrain" <benoit.regrain at creatis.insa-lyon.fr>; "Mathieu
Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com>; <cmake at cmake.org>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [CMake] CMake + VS Toolkit 2003

> At 04:55 AM 1/13/2006, Benoit Regrain wrote:
>>After having installed the 3 packages, set the environnement variables, I
>>obtain the following messages :

>>The C compile "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.
>>It fails with the following output:
>>  c:\creatis\CMake22\bin\cmake.exe -HZ:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp -BZ:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp
>>  --check-build-system CMakeFiles\Makefile.cmake 0
>>  nmake -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 /nologo -L cmTryCompileExec
>>  c:\creatis\CMake22\bin\cmake.exe -HZ:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp -BZ:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp
>>  --check-build-system CMakeFiles\Makefile.cmake 0
>>  nmake -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 /nologo -L
>> CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\all
>>  nmake -f CMakeFiles\cmTrycompileExec.dir\/build.make /nologo -L
>> CMakeFile\cmTryCompileExec.dir\depend
>>
>>Scanning dependencies of target cmTryComileExec
>>  c:\creatis\CMake22\bin\cmake.exe -E cmake_depends "NMake Makefiles"
>> Z:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp z:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp
>> Z:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\DependInfo.cmake
>>  nmake -f CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build.cmake /nologo -L
>> CmakeFiles\cmTryCommpileExec.dir\build
>>Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompile.obj
>>  c: @c:\docume~1\regrain\locals~1\temp\nm2af.tmp
>>
>>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl': return code 'x80'
>>Stop
>>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: "c:\program files\Microsoft Platform
>>SDK\Bin\nmake.exe": return code '0x02'
>>Stop
>>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: "c:\program files\Microsoft Platform
>>SDK\Bin\nmake.exe": return code '0x02'
>>Stop
>>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: "c:\program files\Microsoft Platform
>>SDK\Bin\nmake.exe": return code '0x02'
>>Stop
>
> The compiler is failing for some reason.  Is there anything in
> CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log ?
I join this file to this mail

> It looks like a linking problem.
> Another thing you can try is this:
> cmake --debug-trycompile ../path/to/source
With that, I progress a little...
- I have found there missing the path to mspdb71.dll in my path environnment
variable
- I have found there missing the path to libcmt.lib in my LIB environnment
variable

Ok, the CMakeSetup is completely made and the makefile generated.

Now, at the compile time, cl doesn't find iostream. But I have correctly set
the path into the
INCLUDE environment variable. Is there anyting other to do that I have
omitted ?

Benoit