[CMake] working with codeblocks ? without MSVisual ??

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jan 13 08:29:05 EST 2006

At 09:41 PM 1/12/2006, Asmodehn Shade wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I am used to work with Codeblocks... but I made a Cmake scripts for my friends that are using Visual Studio on windows.
>
>Now my Cmake script is more advanced than my Codeblocks project, and I was wondering how I can, using cmake, generate a project I can use in codeblocks (even if I dont have MSVisual installed...) on windows.
>
>Not sure how cmake and codeblocks can work together since they both can use multiple compiler and platform... but that would be nice ;-)
>
>Any Ideas anyone ?

This would require writing a generator in c++ for the codeblocks IDE.  I have talked with
the codeblocks folks a bit, and it does not look that hard, but it would take a week
or two to get done.  I would be willing to guide anyone in how to it, but I do not
have the time right now to do it myself.   For a faster solution, you may be able to
create a make based codeblocks file by hand for your project, and use the cmake
makefile generator.

-Bill