[CMake] Building cmake with xlc

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jan 13 07:47:45 EST 2006

>We use Linux. So the default lInux files are used I guess.
>Anyway for the moment I made cmake with gcc and that's ok.
>
>Another problem I encountered while building Paraview is that the
>flags I set (CFLAGS,...) are not used for compiling tcl/tk !
>For example, I compile in 64 bits mode (-m64 with gcc), so all the
>objects files are 64 bits except those of tcl, that leads sometimes to
>linking problems. Anyway I managed to build Paraview an to use it.
>Maybe I have to custom the cmake file for tcl building ?

Before you run cmake, you need to set CXXFLAGS, CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
environment variables with the correct flags to set for 64 bit.
These flags will be used by the configure script inside ParaView,
and they will also be used for the cmake part of the build.
Make sure you start with a clean build tree before you try this.

-Bill