[CMake] CMake + VS Toolkit 2003

Benoit Regrain benoit.regrain at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Jan 13 04:55:08 EST 2006

After having installed the 3 packages, set the environnement variables, I
obtain the following messages :

The C compile "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.
It fails with the following output:
   c:\creatis\CMake22\bin\cmake.exe -HZ:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp -BZ:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp
 --check-build-system CMakeFiles\Makefile.cmake 0
   nmake -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 /nologo -L cmTryCompileExec
   c:\creatis\CMake22\bin\cmake.exe -HZ:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp -BZ:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp
 --check-build-system CMakeFiles\Makefile.cmake 0
   nmake -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 /nologo -L
CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\all
   nmake -f CMakeFiles\cmTrycompileExec.dir\/build.make /nologo -L
CMakeFile\cmTryCompileExec.dir\depend

Scanning dependencies of target cmTryComileExec
   c:\creatis\CMake22\bin\cmake.exe -E cmake_depends "NMake Makefiles"
Z:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp z:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp
Z:\Perso\myLibNM\CMakeTmp\CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\DependInfo.cmake
   nmake -f CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build.cmake /nologo -L
CmakeFiles\cmTryCommpileExec.dir\build
Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompile.obj
   c: @c:\docume~1\regrain\locals~1\temp\nm2af.tmp

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl': return code 'x80'
Stop
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: "c:\program files\Microsoft Platform
SDK\Bin\nmake.exe": return code '0x02'
Stop
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: "c:\program files\Microsoft Platform
SDK\Bin\nmake.exe": return code '0x02'
Stop
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: "c:\program files\Microsoft Platform
SDK\Bin\nmake.exe": return code '0x02'
Stop

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

My environnement variables set to compile are :
INCLUDE : c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visal C++ Toolkit
2003\include;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\include;c:\Program
Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\include\Win64\mfc
LIB : c:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib;c:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio .NET 2003\VC7\lib;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++
Toolkit 2003\lib
PATH : c:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin;c:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin

Benoit