[CMake] file not generated with ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Jan 6 12:08:23 EST 2006

Hi,

> Von: Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
>
> Brad King wrote:
> > Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >> Yes, but I didn't build out-of-source, so the generated file was in
> >> the same directory as the source file.
> >
> > This is a bug in the dependency scanning not in custom commands.  I
> > suspect this will be resolved in our other thread on dependencies.
>
> These changes fix the problem:
>
> /cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Source/cmDependsC.cxx,v  <--  cmDependsC.cxx
> new revision: 1.18; previous revision: 1.17
> /cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Source/cmDependsC.h,v  <--  cmDependsC.h
> new revision: 1.14; previous revision: 1.13

Yes, works now :-)

> I'll have Bill merge them to the 2.2 branch.

Uugh, you have a 2.2 branch ?
To be honest, the last cmake version I can recommend to somebody was
2.0.x. Version 2.2.0 to 2.2.4 felt like beta-release, at least if used
with the unix makefile generator. Now the current cvs version seems to be
quite bugfree. I mean, everytime I used cmake since the 2.1.x days it
didn't take long until I found the next problem. Now it's stabilizing, so
I hoped that 2.2.5 would finally become a really good stable production
release.
So when is a release of the current cvs HEAD planned ?
(I'd like to recommend it to KDE developers, and this would be much
easier if I could say "install cmake >= 2.2.5"  instead of "install cmake
from cvs")

Bye
Alex