[CMake] rules for writing cmake modules

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Jan 2 15:17:27 EST 2006

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Modules/readme.txt?rev=1.5&root=CMake&view=auto

Ok. Can you please add some comments when to use MESSAGE(STATUS |
FATAL_ERROR ..) in combination with FIND_PACKAGE( QUIET REQUIRED).
Also could you please explain a bit more when to mark variables as
ADVANCED and NO_CACHE ?
Another "problem": I find KDE3_INCLUDE_DIR and KDE3_LIB_DIR but I have no
idea how I should find KDE3_ROOT ? It just contains some subdirs (bin/,
lib/, share/ ). Any suggestions ?

Bye
Alex