[CMake] Enhancement submission...

Andreas Schneider mail at cynapses.org
Thu Dec 28 04:58:08 EST 2006

Mike Jackson wrote:

Hi Mike,

> Looks pretty good but what if I only need to link against one library
> from Boost? looking at that script it looks as though I will end up
> linking against all of them?

Then you haven't really looked at the code.

${BOOST_LIBARIES} is the variable which holds all found boost libraries.

If you need a special one.

if (BOOST_SERIALIZATION_FOUND)
  target_link_libraries(foo ${BOOST_SERIALIZATION_LIBRARY})
else (BOOST_SERIALIZATION_FOUND)
  message(FATAL_ERROR "boost serialization not found")
endif (BOOST_SERIALIZATION_FOUND)

>    Maybe we can take some of the code from my rewrite and incorporate it
> into yours?
> I have attached my files. The shell script will only generate part of
> the final CMake file at the moment.

A bash script which creates a cmake file isn't a solution. CMake should
look for libraries not a bash script!!!

	-- andreas

--
http://www.cynapses.org/ - cybernetic synapses