[CMake] FindPerlLibs.cmake and FindSwig.cmake outdated!

Axel Roebel Axel.Roebel at ircam.fr
Thu Dec 21 17:54:48 EST 2006

On Monday 18 December 2006 13:43, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Axel Roebel wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello,
>
> > I just started to add swig support to our project
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdif. The project supports
> > swig bindings to perl, python and java.
> >
> > I instantly tried the available
> > cmake modules: notably FindSWIG.cmake
> > and FindPerlLibs.cmake
> >
> > I was pretty astonished to find that these
> > two  macros do not work at all, because most of the
> > important information that is necessary
> > to find the components is hardcoded
> > using fixed version numbers (that are already out of date)
>
> Maybe you want to take a look at
>
> http://svn.gpsdrive.cc/gpsdrive/trunk/cmake/Modules/FindPerlLibs.cmake

Hi Andreas,

obviously you've found a simpler method to achieve the same goal
and your tests are more complete. It seems to me, however, that it has the
same weaknesses as my current version

- libperl.so is not found (at least not on Fedora and redhat CentOS, I didn't
recognize because swig does not need it)
- changing the perl interpreter would not change the libraries and include
paths (as Tristan pointed out for my second FindSWIG.cmake)

If I find the time I will fix these issues and put them into the bug fix.
I will use your simpler version of determining perl variables and will
add the variables you test as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Axel Roebel