[CMake] How to get a variable that is defined in another CMakeLists.txt file

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Dec 21 02:30:30 EST 2006

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:27:45 -0500
Von: Mike Jackson <mike.jackson at imts.us>
An: David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>
Betreff: Re: [CMake] How to get a variable that is defined in another	CMakeLists.txt file

> That did not seem to work either. Basically I am trying to set a
> place where we can set the names of the libraries and apps and have
> those found by other projects that depend on these base libraries.
>
>    I have noticed that if you "INCLUDE(${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/
> FindHDF.cmake)" a file, in this case our module to find HDF, then
> those variables are found..  So I guess I could have a Names.cmake
> file where these variables are defined and then include that file in
> each CMakeLists.txt file for the project..

I didn't follow that closely, but if you need some information from project A in project B, how about creating a file in project B using FILE(WRITE ...) and maybe EXPORT_LIBRARY_DEPENDENCIES(...) which will be installed on "make install" and which can later be included by other projects, like project B ?

Bye
Alex