[CMake] compile header file for precompiled gcc headers

klaas.holwerda kholwerd at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 17 15:55:01 EST 2006

Hi,

I want to get gcc to use precompiled headers.
 From http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Precompiled-Headers.html
i read that i need to compile a header file ( containing #includes to
all others for instance ).

I have this haeder file, how to compile it with Cmake?

I tried CHECK_CXX_SOURCE_COMPILES( wxart2d.h DONNO )

But that does not produce a "wxart2d.gch" file.

Understand that i do not need to get an executable nor library.

Does somebody know how to do it?

Has someone already succeeded in using precompiled headers with gcc on
Linux, any tips?

Thanks,

Klaas